All 10 art Reviews

At Rest At Rest

The biggest issue I see here is perspective. Between the angle and perceived distance, the moon looks like it is literally right behind the bushes. The perspective of the trees with the bear are different, as the shadows also don't show a sense of distance. As stated before, the rule of 3rds is a good place to start. Think about background, mid-ground, and foreground when composing a landscape piece. Nice attempt though.

JJColours responds:

Ah, perspective. Something I also have on my list to visit in my re-familiarizing of the basics. Though I do realize the effect that putting the moon in that spot, I also made that an artistic choice to add something interesting to the composition. Perhaps my fault isnt the position of that so much as the angle of the shadows. They would probably be angled quite differently if the moon was at a distance. I have been attempting to do the three stages you mentioned, back, mid and fore, but the concept for someone who hardly ever does any type of background is somewhat of a challenge to comprehend. Thank you so much for your critical assessment. I am revisiting this specific concept several more times in order to understand it better. Every bit of critique is appreciated.

Mercy! Mercy!

Very nice!

Precious Puppy Particles Precious Puppy Particles

From the description to the colors and the patterns, this is VERY reminiscent of psychedelic experiences. I'm pondering that the artist has pulled some personal experiences and transposed them in this piece, cause hot damn there are some serious levels of accuracy here. Good job. ;)

Tuxedo Wolf Tuxedo Wolf

Nice form on the face. I see you're getting better and better, including colors. :D

123mine123 responds:

Thanks Fx.
I still used reference though. But, not as much as before.

Down in the Dumps Down in the Dumps

Despite all the critiques I've given you on this, I'm still rating it a 5 for the effort and how far you've come. MORE LIKE THIS! The eyes sell it for me. :D

123mine123 responds:

Thanks. .-.
Everyone seems to like the eyes since, in hindsight, all I did was a circle and another circle inside it.

Basil Humanized Basil Humanized

Great work transitioning from the mouse version to this human interpretation. It stays very true to the character. I love the style and expression! :D

Forgiveness Forgiveness

I like this. Nice illustration, neat coloring style, and most of all.....great content. :D

Bart Sumpsim Bart Sumpsim

Cool style and expression. This is very Ren and Stimpy to me. :D

PinballComic responds:

Thanks man, yeah after seeing the John K couch gag I couldnt help but make this!

Jazza's Color-in Competition Jazza's Color-in Competition

Out of all the submissions I've seen so far, this one grabbed me the most. I think it's because of the way the colors work as a full package, including the background. Nice subtle tones, mist, and fog. I also like the detail work you did on the girl. Good job!

I'm entering this as well, and am finishing it this week. Just a friendly competition. :D

Tarakanovich responds:

Thanks, man! Good luck to you.

Super Mario Galaxy Poster Super Mario Galaxy Poster

This is well done. Great use of color and very true to the character design. Only thing I'd recommend is possibly make the lighting more consistent with the direction it's coming from. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but each character seems to have their own lighting.

Still looks great though.

ArtSaiyaJin responds:

Thank you for commenting.It was intentional. See I'm on this experimenting stage of coloring, and sometimes it's not going to be perfect but I am no aiming to be perfect.